Monday, November 7, 2011

How I Label Hard-Boiled Egg

We love hard-boiled eggs around here, but it's easy to get them mixed up with the raw eggs if I'm not careful. So here are some of the ways I like handle hard-boiled eggs:

1.) Save an old egg carton and mark it as specifically for hard-boiled eggs. You could even have your kids decorate it with paint/glitter/stickers/etc

2.) Write on your eggs with pencil. My dad used to do this when I was growing up. Two of the best strategies I've found are either write a "B" on the top of each or write "Boiled" and then draw a squiggly line all the way around the egg so that no one could miss it. If you have kids in school, you could write silly things on eggs like quotes, jokes, or even simple greetings to be enjoyed when they open their lunch boxes. Since you don't eat the shells, I personally am not worried about a little graphite from the pencil being on the outside of the shell for a couple days.

And voila! your eggs are ready to be eaten straight out of the shell, deviled (my favorite) or as part of egg or potato salad!

1 comment :

karasceviour said...

My 2 kids LOVE boiled eggs,,great idea about writing messages on them for school!:)