Monday, January 23, 2012

Cure for the Mondays 1/23/12

On Mondays if I get around to it, I'll post things that made me laugh or smile in the past week in hopes they'll make you laugh and smile too, especially if you have a "case of the Mondays"! Here are my picks for this week:

*One of my latest TV addictions is Hart of Dixie, and I was totally afraid it got cancelled because 1.) fun lighthearted shows I like always get cancelled and 2.) they took a super long winter break, but
Hart of Dixie is back on the CW tonight!!!
Source: cwtv.com via Crunchy on Pinterest

If you haven't seen it, it's about Rachel Bilson aka Dr. Zoe Hart who moves from NYC to Bluebell, Alabama  to do private practice medicine and befriends a former NFL star, a hick with nice abs, a lawyer, and a hilarious Asian waitress, and is frienemies with a Southern Belle with a chip on her shoulder. The show doesn't take itself too seriously, and I think does a good job of poking fun at Southern culture and rural life without being disrespectful. So yeah, check it out! (PS If you know me personally, it's not hard to see why I dig the idea of a hottie lawyer who eschews big city corporate law to return to his hometown...)

*A friend from college spotted this Black Magic Chocolate Cake on Pinterest and I can't wait to try it...it looks like it's gotten rave reviews from everyone who has so far.



*What would Monday be without an arbitrary cute baby animal picture? I can't help but gush at the cuteness of this baby alpaca!

No comments :