Monday, April 2, 2012

Cure for the Mondays...Easter edition!

On Mondays I post ideas I've seen recently that made me laugh and smile. I hope they brighten your day too, especially if you've got a "case of the Mondays"! Since Easter is this Sunday, I'm devoting today's post to Eastery ideas.

This Easter I'm making these homemade bunny "Oreos" (chocolate sandwich cookies" to share with relatives. I think the trial batch I baked of them turned out really cute, and they were definitely delicious.

I love the idea of melting Jolly Ranchers into cross or flower shapes for Easter or anyday!


And how cool is Italian Easter Bread? Baking the festively dyed raw eggs in the braided dough nests cooks them just like hard-boiled eggs, but with a delicious pastry surrounding them. Beautiful and delicious!


If you haven't bought Easter grass yet, consider making it yourself! If you have scraps of colored paper around (I know I have plenty of bits and pieces of construction paper that were leftovers when I cut out big pieces for projects with my son!), shred it and voila-Easter grass!


And these eggs are so pretty I want to run out to my garden for some plants to use for dyeing!

Source: duitang.com via Fay on Pinterest

(the original idea post is not in English so I'm not sure what they use for dye, but there are lots of good tutorials out there for idea, like beet juice and red onion skins and such. I've never seen the flowers+pantyhose idea before though!
What fun Eastery ideas have you seen lately?

1 comment :

Opal @ Celebrate Life said...

I'm definitely loving all the creative things you're doing. I'm especially loving the eggs, haven't used plants on them since I was a child, but I do believe I'll be doing this later this week.

My eight-year old daughter is on spring break, and her best friend from school will be coming over for a play date. I have a lot of crafting fun planned for the girls, along with taking a trip outside to the stream that is on our property. I do believe I'll add the eggs to the list.